Monday, March 26, 2012

Hippity Hoppity...My Easter Mantel and New Easter Wreath

Well, everyone...Easter is just around the corner...so, I wanted to do something to decorate the mantel in the pretty pastels and Easter eggs!  I decided to make another napkin wreath for my Easter wreath...and paint chips for my Easter egg banner.  Here is a picture of my Easter mantel:


I utilized the same technique for the Easter napkin wreath as I did with my Valentine napkin wreath found here.


I did do something a little different with this wreath...I utilized a swim noodle from the Dollar Store for my wreath form.  I hot glued and taped the two ends together...making a wreath form!  Much cheaper...$1!!!  The Easter napkins were purchased @ Dollar Tree (I used 5 packs of napkins on this wreath)...so this wreath was VERY AFFORDABLE!!!


I also wanted a cute banner to go along with my Easter wreath for the mantel.  So, I decided to make an Easter egg banner.  I used paint chips to make my banner.  My husband works part time at a paint store...so, this was easy to obtain!  Here is a close up of the banner:




Materials needed:


To create the banner:
  1. I made an egg pattern on some cardboard by using a large serving spoon (due to its "egg shape").
  2. I then picked a variety of pastels (20).  I traced and cut out the "egg shape" on each paint chip.  I used each paint strip to make 2 separate eggs...one in the light pastels and one in the darker pastels. 
  3. After cutting each "egg shape", I began spacing and hot gluing them onto twine that I cut for the banner.
  4. I had a few too many...so I made a flower out of some of my extra "egg shapes".
I love the finished product!!


And, another view of the Easter Mantel:


What do you think?  Isn't it amazing that all of these decorations are made from things that are fairly inexpensive and/or FREE!!  I am in love with the napkin wreath...SO EASY and SO CHEAP to create!  I thank my pinspiration pin @ Today is my day...Easy Valentines Napkin Wreath for this amazing idea.  I've now created two awesome wreaths due to her tutorial!



 Each week I may link up at the parties located at my tab located on my blog love tab here. Feel free to check these lovely sites out!  I am also linking up to:



michellepaige







Follow Me on Pinterest

21 comments:

  1. This looks great! Would love to have you come and link-up to the Creative Corner Hop. It opens on Monday to new links and stays open all week long.

    Sandy
    Cherished Handmade Treasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting...already linked up ;)

      Erin

      Delete
  2. Erin, I've been on a bloggy break so I didn't see your post until now. I'm so glad that my paper napkins wreaths inpired you! Your Easter wreath is so nice and full! Looks wonderful! Thanks for linking back to Today is my Someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your wreath as my "pinspiration"...OBVIOUSLY!!! This is one of the funnest, easiest wreaths to complete...I appreciate your tutorial! It is so easy to do it for so many occasions!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Erin

      Delete
  3. I love the pool noodle idea!!! So, ask your hubby what would he think of all us women going in and grabbing tons of paint chips. Are we stealing? ;) I haven't had the nerve yet to do it. Thanks so much for sharing at Toot Your Horn Tuesday. It turned out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the Dollar Store this week...I BOUGHT 6 noodles!! The guy asked if I was going to have a swimming party, and I said "no, going to make some wreaths"! He told me to bring them in and show them...he was blown away that they could be used that way! SO FUNNY!!! My husband probably wouldn't think anything of someone picking up A LOT of paint chips since he has the crazy and "use things we have or can get for cheap" crafty wife....but, others might. Glad I didn't have to sneak any...he just brought the paint chip booklet home for me to use :) Thanks for the sweet comments!!

      Erin

      Delete
  4. Great wreath and the banner is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tonia for your super sweet comment!

      Erin

      Delete
  5. That is such a cheerful mantel! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat idea and great pictures! Thanks for sharing with NOBH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa! I'm loving your paint chip banner! Your wreath is lovely, too! Would you be willing to link up this post to my Springtime Holiday Link Party? I'd love to have you! Thanks, Michelle
    http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/02/springtime-holiday-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your sweet comment, Michelle. I appreciate your invite and will visit you link party. Thanks for inviting.

      Erin

      Delete
    2. Erin! Thanks again for linking up to my Springtime Holiday Link Party! I featured your banner today! http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/04/easter-and-springtime-banners.html
      --Michelle

      Delete
  8. Now that is called utilizing some inexpensive materials! very clever idea to use napkins!! the egg banner is precious! thank you for sharing at Uncommon!

    Bonnie ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy taking "what I have" and making something fun and exciting! Thanks for your kind comment!

      Erin

      Delete
  9. This is such a pretty Easter mantel. I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/04/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-8.html


    PS: I am your newest Linky Follower!

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment! I am always glad to have a new follower...thanks for visiting! Hope to see you more,

      Erin

      Delete
  10. What a cute mantle. The paint sample Easter egg garland is so sweet. Thank you for sharing on Fabulous Friday. BTW, I have a great giveaway going on - please feel free to stop by & enter: http://michellelunt.blogspot.com/2012/04/fun-giveaway-and-thank-you-to-my.html

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment Michelle. I enjoyed the egg garland...although it was a simple project, I loved how it turned out!

      Erin

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, read, and respond...it really does mean so much!!! I am always interested in your comments. I love to know how I am connecting to my readers and followers!!! I try to respond to everyone either here on my blog or via e-mail. Blessings, Erin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...