I enjoyed the "leathery" look and feel of the candlestick, so I decided to keep the candlestick the color/paint as is. Here are some before pictures of materials, as well as a list of materials:
List of Materials:
- 3 varying sizes of candlesticks
- 3 glass globes (purchased @ Dollar Tree for $1/each)
- 3 mini chalkboards on clothes pin
- Hot Glue (to secure twine)
- Crazy Glue (to secure glass globes to candlesticks)
- Red and Black Balls (also purchased @ Dollar Tree)
Can you tell I love me some Dollar Tree? I love to do things on the cheap...and, really if you watch and pay attention...yard sales and Dollar Tree/Store...that is the way to go!
These were honestly so easy and really self explanatory. Therefore, I don't have several in between photos. I wanted some apothecary jars that I could utilize year round, but change up the saying to "fit the season"...and if I want I can change out the "filling" to match the season as well. (i.e. candy corn for Halloween, candy hearts for Valentine, etc.). Red and black goes well with my decor, so I'm kind of in love with how this is working right now, and I like how I can just change out the sayings...right now it says "Spring has Sprung" for the current season!
Here are instructions for you to recreate the look:
- Glue candlestick to base of glass globe (I used super glue). Allow to dry.
- Wrap twine around glass globe and hot glue to hold in place. (I added the mini chalboard on clothes pin...this was personal preference)
- Add filling in the glass globe.
Really...it is that easy!
You could also paint the candlesticks...as well as add lids. In fact, I purchased the materials to make lids for these...but, it just wasn't working for me! So...really it is personal preference!
Hope this inspired you...let me know what project you might be working on...I so appreciate sharing with you and love hearing from you all. Don't you love an easy tutorial? I know I do...AND...I also LOVE good bargains!!! Let me know what you've found recently!
Each week I may link up at the parties located at my tab located on my blog love tab here. Feel free to check these lovely sites out! Also linking up with Rhoda's Thrifty Treasures party @