My extended family enjoys getting together for special occasions like birthdays and holidays. My primary requested food item to bring: my Cherry Cream Cheese Pie. Of course, I make it for other occasions as well. This pie is yummy!
- 1 (6 oz.) Graham Cracker Ready Crust Pie Crust
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. softened cream cheese
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, fresh or bottled (not lemon extract)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- Let cream cheese stand @ room temperature until softened (or soften in microwave).
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add sweetened condensed milk, beating until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla until well mixed. (as seen in picture above)
- Pour into crust.
- Chill for at least 3 hours or until firm.
- Top with cherry pie filling.
This pie disappears! I never get to bring any home. If you try the recipe, I would love to hear what you think about it. Hope you enjoy!