Since I'm just able to get caught up, I'm going to share another quick tutorial of one of my projects in my mini bathroom remodel that I spoke about here and here. Like I stated in previous posts, I am going to have a before and after post of our mini bathroom remodel following the project tutorials that I did to transform our bathroom (which there are several). And, I will go ahead and state that we previously had chinese sayings/orchids/etc. as decor (which we had grown tired of), and we have now transformed to a more personalized and natural use of materials theme. Here is how I personalized with our twine "L":
- Wooden "L" from craft store (I purchased mine on sale from Hobby Lobby)
- Scrapbook Paper of choice
- Mod Podge
- Canvas (12" x 12")
- Hot glue and hot glue gun
- E6000 glue
This really was so easy. Some time went into the wrapping of the letter. Here is the pretty self explanatory tutorial:
- Apply small amounts of hot glue at a time to wooden letter and apply twine to your letter. Once the letter is completely "twined", put aside.
- Take your 12" x 12" canvas and your scrapbook paper you have chosen. "Paint" mod podge onto the canvas as well as the back of the scrapbook paper (of course, make sure the scrapbook paper is 12" x 12"). Once this is dry, not before...mod podge over the front of the scrapbook paper and edges. Let this dry.
- Once canvas and scrapbook paper are completely dry, apply E6000 glue to the back of your letter, and place on canvas. I will state here that the E6000 glue is MUCH BETTER than hot glue, which I tried at first, and my letter fell off...just a tip, so that you don't have to learn the hard way like I did.
- I finished mine off with some rows of twine hot glued around the edges...however, you could embellish anyway you wish!
Another glimpse at one of our projects to personalize and transform our master bath into a more personalized space...what will the next project be? You'll have to stay tuned...
Can you see all the possibilities? Scrapbook choice, embellishment choice, etc. could really make a difference. What do you think? I hope you are having a blessed day.